How to Wear: J.Crew Blazer 3 Different Ways Part One









 Top: J.Crew / Blazer: J.Crew / Jeans: American Eagle Boots: Target [old] (similar) / Sunglasses: Ray-Ban Classic Clubmaster / Necklace: J.Crew and Eve's Addiction / Nail Polish: OPI 'My Point Exactly' (here and here/ Lips: Lipliner- Jordana 'Tawny'

In the past, I felt as though I couldn't really wear a pattern or statement piece a variety of ways, at least that tends to be the trend with statement or pattern pieces that I have purchased in the past. I would wear them only a handful of times, all the same way, but not anymore! 

Now I try to think outside the box and remind myself that the only limitations are in my mind. I love color, textures, and patterns. Feeling comfortable is very important to me; so is feeling put together without spending tons of time staring in my closet.

Mixing patterns, textures, statement pieces and unexpected colors give me so many looks for my investment, and it also defines my style. There is indeed a difference between inexpensive, trendy styles and more costly investment pieces. They both serve a purpose in my closet ... and budget.

I love this J.Crew Factory blazer; it is amazing! It's comfortable but still has structure. I love the pattern and colors, and it will never go out of style. ( I love me some plaid.)

I have decided to write a three part series showing how I am going to wear this J.Crew blackwatch blazer a minimum of three different ways to spice up my fall style.  This jacket is going to be an important piece in my closet this fall and winter, especially because I know I can throw it on with so many things and get out of the door in a rush.

In the first of three part series I wear the blazer in a more expected way, and one that most of us tend to feel more comfortable....paired with denim jeans. This look makes the blazer feel more casual while still feeling put together.  

I also mixed grey stripes with the blackwatch plaid. This is a great fitting J.Crew tee and very versatile and comfy. I feel like the plaid blackwatch blazer is an unexpected choice to wear over grey stripes and dresses up my tee.


Do you like mixing patterns and putting together unexpected looks?

-Blush in a Rush




No comments :

Post a Comment